The Times lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Times lookup please

Could SKS please do a search for a marriage for me?

I have a William Barnard Henry Drake aged 31 in 1936 on a UK Incoming passenger list and his wife is Gwendoline Gladys. William is a Colonial Policeman and the recorded address is : 142 Cavendish Rd, Clapham, London.

Could someone please have a look and see if they can locate the marriage notice as I would like to know who his father is.

Thanks in advance.
    Kit

Presumably you don't know when or in which country he married? It doesn't look as if he was born in this country unless his forenames have changed around a bit!

At the moment I can't find anything......However, knowing Gwen's maiden name would help a lot. I don't suppose you know if they had children in the UK? (don't post names if they are alive!)

Comment

I wanted this chap to be his father:

Name: William Barnard Drake
      Year of Registration: 1871
      Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
      District: Pancras (1837-1901)
      County: London, Middlesex
      Volume: 1b
      Page: 26

but he seems to have married Kate Lacy in 1913, so unless it was a second marriage, that's not likely to be the right family. (actually it was an engagement notice only and I can't see the marriage! lol)

Comment

If you search the passenger lists under Gwendo* Drake there are a couple more entries that look like her. One travelling with William and a John B Drake aged 6 in July 1950 and another with John B aged 4 in March 1948.

I've looked at the UK births 1943-1944 and can't see John B, so that was no help with Gwen's maiden name! lol I presume John B was born abroad.

Someone else might have the overseas GRO indexes.

Comment

Merry William Barnard Drake is the father I want to. I was actually searching the father and found William Barnard Henry Drake instead.

William Barnard (poss Father) has a wife on the passenger lists of Katherine Alice surname unknown. Which may tie in with what you found. The firswt trip being 1915.
          So William needs a wife before Kate Lacy.

William's (Dad) family has spent time in South Africa and India so he may have married there. He was in the Army so he could be anywhere.
          Kit

Comment

It would seem to me, given the amount of travel, that Gwendoline was African. It's probable that they married there.
            Tracy

Comment

Working...
            X