I have to ask..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask..

Not research, but WHY is "Date of Birth Estimator" displayed above this board???

OC

It's the new Calculator to work out year of birth of people on the Census.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Is that new today? it could be very useful to people.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

By the time you've found it and input your dates, you could have worked it out on paper.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Someone posted a request a few days ago in the Think Tank asking if we could have an Census age calculator. I initially replied that I didn't think it was possible but Tim has proved me wrong!

The calculator has been attached to the Notices section of the Research forum. If you click on the link above it will take you to the calculator.

It is there for people who want to use it - if you don't then just ignore it!
          Elaine

Comment

OC thought it was a clever way of getting her to divulge her dob!! lol :D

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              OC thought it was a clever way of getting her to divulge her dob!! lol :D
              Thank heavens it isn't, FTF would go up in smoke trying to work out how many zero's would be in her age ;)
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
              My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
              My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Comment

Or it would display a pop up box with a warning "year of birth must be FOUR digits" :D:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

methinks OC is leaning against an open door with this thread ;);):D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen

I think it's a good job that you live at the opposite end of the country to OC.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOO Glen!

You one very brave man on the internet........I shall get you for this.

DoB estimator not bothering me (now I know it isn't directed at me personally, lol) - I just wondered why it had suddenly appeared!

OC

Comment

No more backs of envelopes for me! (someone's always nicked my pen anyway)

Comment

It's most useful for mathmatically challenged peeps like me:D

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
                              Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

Comment

Or lazy/overtired people like me!

Thanks Tim!
                                Gillian
                                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                  OOOOOOOOOOO Glen!

You one very brave man on the internet........I shall get you for this.

OC

May i just point out that you opened the door, i just gave you a good shove throught it :D:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

It means that I won't have numerous pieces of paper with sums on them when I can't find the calculator (that is, if I remember to use it!):D
                                    Elizabeth
                                    Research Interests:
                                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Ah, Glen!

(Soon to be Glen in Tinkle Knickers)

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                        Ah, Glen!

(Soon to be Glen in Tinkle Knickers)

OC

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                                        X