Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScotlandsPeople email - anyone else receive one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScotlandsPeople email - anyone else receive one?

I received this today -

Dear ScotlandsPeople Customer,

Our regular audit of the ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk website transactions has shown that you have made payments between 1 Apr 2008 and 30 Sept 2008 for which you have not been allocated the appropriate number of credits.

This amounts to 30 credits.

By way of an apology, we would like to offer you credits to the value of twice the payment taken: these will be valid for six months rather than the normal ninety days.
    There then follows a voucher code to use on-site to add the 60 credits.

I only ever buy credits, in blocks of 30, when I specifically need them, so there is no way that I would not have noticed if my account had not been credited correctly at the time of payment.

It all looks perfectly legit, but I thought I'd just check that no-one knew of a scam/problem before I input the code. (I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed that they don't change their minds at the next audit and decide that I owe them:D)
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Ooooh, I want some too!

But, like you, I buy in blocks of 30 and try to use them all up when I need them. I would immediately notice if my transaction hadn't worked, as you are instantly credited with your...erm...credits.

I doubt if it's a scam though and I don't see how they can snatch them back, having now given them to you!

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind!

OC

Comment

Nope I haven't had one either.

I would perhaps contact them via their site and ask - they are usually very helpful when I've contacted them

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks OC and JBee!

I'm a huge fan of SP (even huger today lol) but I don't think I'll risk contacting them - in case they take them away again!

It's typical that I should have called a temporary halt to my Scottish searching only recently and be deeply into OH's Welsh lot instead at the moment - having discovered only yesterday that the reason I could never find any IGI records for Monmouthshire was because it is listed under England, not Wales - duh!
        Gillian

Comment

I have just been on Rootschat Commom Room board and a couple of people there are saying they have received credit refunds too -- in one case 150 credits.
          What could be going on?
          Janexxx
          PS I have just been on their Lancashire board too where one of the surname info requests looks familiar :D
          To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Comment

150 Jane? How could anyone not have noticed they'd been under-credited by 75!!

*Hmm...Lancashire...wonder who that could have been?*
            Gillian

Comment

Snot fair! I want some buckshee credits too!

I deserve them, for slogging through 5000 John Holdens in my tree.

OC

Comment

OC - did you claim 10 free ones by registering at ancestralscotland.com?

And you can console yourself with the thought that there is no way I'll be able to leave those 60 bonus credits sitting there. In fact, I can already hear them calling to me. So, spending them will undoubtedly open up more avenues which I'll have to buy loads more credits to explore!!
                Gillian

Comment

Working...
                X