No announcement yet.

Uninstalling Norton Internet Security.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling Norton Internet Security.

Do I need to download something?

There was a previous thread, part of which was about AVG or AGV instead of Norton. I was advised by Lesley to download an uninstall programme to get rid of the Norton programme before I downloaded the free AVG version.

I've looked in the Norton 'help' menu, and I've printed off their options for uninstalling, which don't mention any download. The options are either the Add or Remove Programmes option in Windows XP Control Panel OR via Start - All Progs - Norton I S - Uninstall.

I don't want to do anything wrong, as this is more 'new territory' for me!

How do I switch from Norton to AVG safely, without b***ing up my computer even more than it is??

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Here's the link for the removal tool

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

We did it, downloaded AVG and saved it on desktop and then disconnected from the internet and uninstalled Norton. Installed AVG and then connected back to the internet.

Christine
    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks for trying to help, Christine - but can you be a bit more basic? It's me you're talking to!

When you say 'disconnect from the internet .......' ????

What do I press/click/switch on or off?/ Or whatever?

Bee.
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Ok, I've done it!

Nothings's blown up yet, so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the PM, Val - helped a lot.

Bee.
        Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Hi Bee,

Sorry Ididn't reply earlier, I went offline shortly after my post.

Pleased you've managed to do it.

Christine
          Christine in Portugal

Comment

That's ok, Christine. Your instructions were helpful, just wasn't sure about one thing. And you are allowed to do other things!

Bee.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

nudged up for Sharon

Comment

Thanks Val will give it ago.

Comment

Working...
                X