Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Family names

Hello Listers,
    Would anyone be looking for or connected to any of my Families, I am forever looking for
    From Gloucestershire, England
    Holder, Hobbs, Gardiner, Alder and Arundell
    From Wales
    Jones and Williams
    From Middlesex, London UK
    Suggett/Suggitt, Corderoy, Thompson, Higgins, Smith, Reynlods
    From Cambridge, UK
    Thompson, Stockbridge
    From Adelaide, Australia
    Hoppo, Thompson,

Clare1

Hi Clare1,

Have you tried searching the GEDCOM database? Look at the toolbar towards the top of the page. :D:D

Oh, welcome to the site by the way! :D

Comment

Thanks for the welcome John and will check out Gedcom
      Clare

Comment

If you have any questions Clare then just shout out and someone will try to help. :D

Comment

Hi, Clare and welcome to the site. I'm afraid some of those names are going to be in everyone's trees! (Jones and Williams from Wales, Smith from London) As John says, if you look at the GEDCOM database you might be lucky and find somebody researching the same people as you.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Clare, where abouts in Gloucestershire are your Alders from?

Comment

Hi Clare, my grandmother was a Suggett and her mother was a Thompson and her mother was an Alder so I think there could be a connection.Also a lot of relatives emigrated to Australia.USA and I have found a cousin in New Zealand. Gillian

Comment

Ann Hobbs married William Palmer Bristil Glos

Edna

Comment

These links may be useful: http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/
                  We invite you to read, share and make new connections with other Forest of Dean researchers with the help of the resources that we make available.

I found them on the Gloucestershire page of ukbmd.org.uk:
                  Gloucestershire Births, Marriages and Deaths Indexes Online. Local BMD Indexes, Family History, Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, Monumental Inscriptions, Civil Registration, GRO Indexes, BMD, BDM, UK 1841 to 1911 censuses. Who Do You Think You Are?

but beware that they also have links to some very commercial sites which are definitely not the best way to get BMD certs!

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

This thread is two years old. I wonder if Clare1 is still around.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks UJ I did not notice the date

Edna

Comment

Working...
                      X