Canadian Passenger List 1865-1935 on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Passenger List 1865-1935 on Ancestry

Has anyone got access to these records please, I have a hint come up but can't see what details it has.

The person is Edith L Hazell, this was my grandmother's sister and I know she went to Canada in the 1920's with husband (or soon to be) Albert (Bert) Kimber.

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Hi

Had a quick look can only see one Edith L Hazell she was only 14 and was born in Canada. Is this the one your looking for ? There is a Edith R Hazell with her.

Have to pop out will PM you when I get back.

Comment

Thanks for looking but no thats not her, she went with hubbie only and was born in this country, I know they had 2 children once there, and my aunt (deceased) went over a few times to see them, and nearly talked her into sending me over when I was only 14, needless to say my parents said no.

Comment

Still here ----- found other one with no L in 1921 she was 29 cant see her hubby to be -------- OH's grandmother ship to Canada does not show up on ancestry.ca but does on findmypast.

Thats hubby ready have to go.

Comment

Edith was born March 1903, so in 1921 would make her 18, unless she lied about her age, what about if you looked for Alfred and Edith Kimber?

Have work between 2.30 and 6.00, but will be back after that
          Last edited by Chrissy Confused; 22-10-08, 12:44. Reason: to add time of work

Comment

Just nudging this up for the evning shift :D

Comment

Sorry I did look when I came home, but nothing seemed to fit. As my hubby's gran crossing to Canada is not on Ancestry.ca I checked out her two brothers they don't seem to be there either but they are all on findmypast. They are all on the crossing back to uk on Ancestry.

Comment

I hope this is an acceptable request...

Please let me know if anyone spots my Leonard BENNETT b 6 Mar 1887 (or 1893, when he wanted to be younger) in Birmingham (UK) arriving possibly May 1916 (if he weren't fibbing again), probably to Montreal, I'd like to know.
                I've gone cross-eyed looking at the incoming passenger lists on the Canadian Archive (great resource, but hard work if the names aren't where they're supposed to be!). I suspect he went across as crew, but don't want to shell out to get that info (or not) if I don't have to!

thanks
                Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine

Just had time for a quick look, cant see any for arrival about 1916. There is one born about 1887 on the border crossing from USA He was a printer and father was a Thomas Bennett ----- but gives a London address. Did look at index on Findmypast but a blank there. Sorry

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by deletejb View Post
                    Hi Christine

Just had time for a quick look, cant see any for arrival about 1916. There is one born about 1887 on the border crossing from USA He was a printer and father was a Thomas Bennett ----- but gives a London address. Did look at index on Findmypast but a blank there. Sorry

Jan
                    Not to worry Jan, its just cos it came up as a hint on Ancestry, I know she went and given time I will find out when, thanks for looking for me

Comment

Sorry I did look when I came home, but nothing seemed to fit. As my hubby's gran crossing to Canada is not on Ancestry.ca I checked out her two brothers they don't seem to be there either but they are all on findmypast. They are all on the crossing back to uk on Ancestry.
                      Sorry should of put the message on this one :D

Comment

Hi Christine

Jan
                        Thanks for looking. I've looked on FMP, a hasty look on Ancestry (when they had a 3-day offer a year or two back), and gone cross-eyed looking at the images on the Canadian National Archives. I think he must have crossed as crew, but keep thinking that if I look again, he'll turn up!

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                        X