Software advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software advise

I am sure this subject has been asked before, but as I am new to this forum bear with me please,;) I am looking for family tree software in which I can either scan in or enter all the details from a birth,marriage, death certificate. I use My Family Heritage at the moment. I did have one many yaers ago I think it was by GSP. Any suggestion welcome. If it is possible to do on My Family Heritage could some kind soul please tell me how.
    Rob

https://handmadebooksbyrob.wixsite.com/website/
    https://www.facebook.com/handmadebooks.byrob.7
    searching: Hunt, Parker, Beaumont, Horsfall, Redfearn, Barker Spratt and Sidwell

I know that Legacy will let you attach a document scan to an event (as well as entering the details manually) and I suspect most genealogy software - at least anything released in the last 2-3 years - would probably do likewise.

Images in Legacy (e.g., photographs, scanned documents, etc...) are not stored within the "family file" itself, but in one or more separate directories (you can choose how you want to organize them). This has the advantage of keeping file sizes small, especially if an image is associated with several individuals. On the other hand, if you want to send your tree to another family member, you have to remember to copy the multimedia files as well (in addition to images, you can attach sound files, video clips, etc...).

HTH -

Tim
    "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

The one I've got is called Family Tree Maker. Does exactly what it says on the tin. And rather well. It has a scrapbook for each person, date and location of birth, marraige, death and burial, plus a "more info" bit of censuses, occupations, baptisms, bar mitzvahs and everything else you could possibly think of. It's easy to use as well. I recommend it.

Best of luck.

Laura

Comment

Working...
      X