Ancestry look up please great grandfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry look up please great grandfather

Please could someone with the new ancestry shipping lists coming into the UK please look up my my great grandfather William Londsbrough Haywood born 1864 in Edinburgh and his brother Walter Haywood born 1867 in India who came back to Edinburgh by 1881 as I have found them on the census there.
    They were shipped home when their parents died in India. I only know they were in India from 1867 when Walter was born but back in Edinburgh by 1881.
    Thanks very much
    Angelina
    Angelina

Hi Angelina,

I've had a look using their names and also searching under just the surname and also under Hayward. I have been unable to trace anything that is in the right time frame. Generally there doesn't seem to be any records for incuming ships from India until the 1890's.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings :o

Comment

Hi Angelina,
      Those passenger lists only start at 1878, so they may well have arrived before then.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you both so much for looking for me - they are of course the sons of the elusive John Haywood Kite helped me with so long ago. I think the family had an aversion to anything written down!!!
        It was very kind of you and much appreciated
        Angelina
        Angelina

Comment

Working...
        X