Parish record help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish record help

Any help please,how can i find Parish records on line for Cheriton Fitzpaine,Devon,around 1780-1820 approx.
    Im looking for children of William Oliver and Margaret Aplin who married there in 30/9/1798,im trying to find any children,i do have one child i think and thats a John Oliver born 1802 there,so need to find other children and possibly any info on William Oliver proberly born around 1775.
    Any help would be great,or where i may find this info,whether on CD or internet,Dave.

The Wiki page: Devon - Family Tree Forum page has lots of Devon links to dig around in which might help.

Devon Index Page - Genealogy and Family History looks a useful page.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Cheriton Fitzpaine

Thankyou Caroline,i will try that now,Dave

Comment

Bear in mind that not all parish records are available online or on CD though - you may end up having to go to Devon Record Office or order microfiche from them.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

For anyone looking for information in Devon, GENUKI should always be your first 'port of call' - the county is especially well covered. The Cheriton Fitzpaine page indicates that parish registers for the period you're interested in have been transcribed into the IGI. I took a quick look and found William and Margaret's marriage; however the only Oliver baptisms I could find with those parents were Henry (1812) and Mary (1817). Perhaps they lived in another parish or were non-conformists?

HTH -

Tim
          "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

cheriton Fitzpaine

Thanks for that info,very much appreciated,Dave.

Comment

Oliver in Cheriton Fitzpaine

Dave,
              Are you still researching this family? If so, I would like to compare notes.
              Jen

Comment

Jik, It doesn't look as though Dave has been on the forum for some time so it might best to send him a PM and hope that he has them notified to his email address.
                Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X