Ordering Death Certificate online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Death Certificate online

Please will someone advise re what information to put where?
    I wish to order online( I've done this before) but am unfamiliar with the death registration format for this one , ..In 1996.
    I only have 2 lines to supply the district and numbers... and the registration looks like this...

Registration district: Sglos
    Register number: B3
    District and Subdistrict: 3041B
    Entry Number: 77

What goes where please?

Gwyn,

I have not applied for one as recent as 1996 but I would go for Sglos (presumably South Gloucestershire) and 77. But why not ring up the GRO? They are, after all, there to provide a public service. I have always found them helpful.

Peter

Comment

I ordered one from the 1990s once and can't remember what I put.

I think I would have just put exactly what it told me to.

District Name and Number: Sglos, B3 3041B
      Entry Number: 77

That's how I would do it.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Thank you both for your advice.
        Normally I would just get round to ordering sometime and hope for the best, but the new online immigrant passengers list has just given us a great new lead, which I'm desperate to follow up.

Comment

make sure you tick the right box,s as you will pay more than £7 have all the details page number and district and you will be ok brenda xxx

Comment

Certificate arrived today.... That was quick!
            I just put 77 on the last line.

I was surprised to see that the lady was not registered in the surname I ordered. It IS the correct certificate, but the name I requested was shown as ..Formerly known as......

I hadn't realised that they indexed these names too on the death registrations.

Comment

Impressive! :D - and pleasing, too!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X