Help with BBC Welsh pages please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with BBC Welsh pages please!

Help, I've found a couple of BBC pages that I would like to read, but they're in Welsh and I can't see anything to click on to translate to English!
    BBC - Canolbarth - Wil Cefn Coch
    BBC - Canolbarth - Pantomeim Felinfach 2004

Any ideas, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Free Online English to Welsh Translators

this might be useful, it translates web pages, by putting the URL in

Comment

If you look down the left side and see
      BBC VOCAB and click turn on, it does highlight some words that you can hover your mouse over to get the English translation but sadly it doesn't do a full translation.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Sounds great, Peppie, thanks, but when I click on it, I just get "The page cannot be displayed"! And I'll try that, thanks Daphne.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Google welsh english translation

Kate, it was the first one that came up on the list.

Comment

I got it to load going via Google, but then when I put the URL in for the page I wanted translated, I just got an error message. It seems strange that the BBC itself doesn't translate its own pages though, don't you think?
            KiteRunner

Comment

I found a page which said the Google toolbar would translate it for me, but my Google toolbar doesn't seem to have that option - it's supposed to be on a dropdown menu for "Page Info" but I don't have that (perhaps because I'm on Windows ME?). I don't suppose anybody has that on their Google toolbar and would be kind enough to do the auto-translate for me, please?
              KiteRunner

Comment

This seems to be the book

Word Power Books | Adar Brith by Lyn Ebenezer but it looks like its published in Welsh too.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

This is the English version of BBC Wales - hope you can find the relevant pages here in English

BBC - Wales - Home

Comment

Oh, thanks, Nell. I didn't even realise it was from a book!
                    KiteRunner

Comment

I didn't manage to find an English version of those pages from that link, but googling for "Wil Cefn Coch", it looks as though there was a tv drama made about "The story of one of Wales' most major manhunts", so maybe I will find more info following that track. Though again, a lot of the matches are in Welsh!
                      KiteRunner

Comment

I'm surprised they don't have a language option or bilingual pages. All for preserving the language but not if it means making it inaccessible to others.

Comment

online welsh translator here
                          Free Online English to Welsh Translators

EDIT:OOPS,
                          Jumped in at the middle of the thread, did not see that this had already been mentioned
                          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 19-10-08, 20:32.

Researching:
                          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

GENUKI : Welsh Murders Volume 1 1770-1918

Welsh Murders Volume 1: 1770-1918
                            By Peter Fuller and Brian Knapp. Published by Christopher Davies 1986

Online summary is not indepth, but may be of some help?
                            Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 19-10-08, 20:29.

Researching:
                            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I've already got the online summary from that, thanks, Trevor, and some newspaper reports too.
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                              X