Great site for PC problem solving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great site for PC problem solving

I have just found a fantastic FREE site for answers to computer problems. It gives easy to follow step by step instructions with diagrams on problem solving.
    groovyPost.com

Take care when using these types of forum help sites
    I am not an expert and could still, like them, post an incorrect solution.
    As it is not their PC it would not be a problem, but for yourselves?????

Always double check what has been said / advised by looking for it on other sites but read the text, is it just someone copying that from the original forum?

better to go to a site run by professionals who check their comments/solutions, like PC magazine sites, or information portol sites like Zdnet etc
    That said; Ann, the first solution from 'groovy' is the new way of disabling 'services' in Vista compared to XP (I have double checked), as Vista trys to stop you editing the registry directly, so I agree with him and 1 or 3 would cure your problem, but had assumed you had checked three, as in a previous post I had advised users how to check for running applications and disable them using MSCONFIG

Trev
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 19-10-08, 13:33.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor, I have taken your advice onboard. I had never heard of Zdnet before.

Comment

Thanks for that Ann. I have just registered with them.
        Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

That site is run by 'Groovy' who seems to know his stuff.

A larger forum used my people like him (and me) is
          Computing.Net Tech Support
          Look at the speciality and general forums

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
          X