Help finding someone in census.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding someone in census.

I suppose I'd better warn everybody.....there'll probably be a few of these.

Merry has received Mary Ariel/Bompiani's will and I'm chasing up people.

One of the people mentioned is (wait for it)......Lucretia J Clark....daughter of Henry.

Born 1845 Clifton. I have her in 1851 and 1861.

Marries Osmond De B Brock in Clifton June 1866.

I cannot find her again till 1891 when she is a widow. Osmond Brock is born 1830 Guernsey. Be careful with him as there seems to be two of the blighters. lol.

I have the one I think is him in 1841 under Osmond BOOK, in Walcot.
    1861 Clifton....a Navy man.
    1871...he is retired RN Commander? with his parents.

Can't find Lucretia. There seems to be a son, same name, at school in Cornwall.

Devon 1871 Lucretia Brack born Bristol -

RG10; Piece: 2137; Folio: 28; Page: 50

Son, mistranscribed Ormond, and a Hannah Clark (mistranscribed Clack) in the household
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I see Gillian posted while I changed pages !

Comment

Not sure if this is her in 1871
        RG10; Piece: 2137; Folio: 28; Page: 50
        transcribed Lucretia Brack
        Elaine

Comment

Snap!
          Elaine

Comment

Yaay! I was actually first for once lol
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thank you.................

Comment

Can´t see her in 1881.
                Elaine

Comment

Ther's a couple of Ancestry trees with them.. I'll contact them.
                  Looks like Lucretia was known as Lucy as well.

The little Osmond became Admiral Sir Osmond deBeauvoir Brock. Another toff in the tree.

OH's is full of them. I think I like my ag labs. They tend to stay in the same street (or get transported) lol.

Comment

Hello!!

Have I got this right?

Mary E Bompiani was the younger sister of the dreaded Agatha Clark nee Ariel?

Agatha Ariel vanished after the divorce from Edward Clark in 1846ish. Edward Clark's brother Henry would have (presumably) been on Edward's "side" regarding the divorce. Henry had a dau, Lucretia who married Mr Brock. Agatha's sister, Mary Bompiani, left a small legacy to this Lucretia, so that suggests that the Ariel "side" and the Clark "side" did keep in contact for decades after the divorce.

Sounds more and more like Agatha survived the divorce rather than being done away with! If she had been locked in an asylum, or worse, and any of the Ariels were suspicious all ties between the families would presumably have either been cut altogether or there would have been animosity between the two groups if nothing could be proved.

Comment

Just in passing, I saw this in The Times - ties up a loose end!

May 11th 1931

Mrs Lucretia Jenkins Brock of Clifton Bristol who died on Feb 10th aged 83 mother of Admiral of the Fleet Sir Osmond Brock GCB KCMG KCVO left unsettled estate of the value of £22,898, with net personalty £22,745. She gives:

£400 to Alice maude Hicks if still in her employ. One year's wages to each of her servants of 12 months service.

Comment

You have a good memory, Merry. I've been over on Wattlers trying to talk someone new into coming over here. She's worried you will all think she's stupid with her questions.........I don't believe it..... after some of the doozies I've asked lol.

Agatha Ariel married and divorced Edward Clark.

Agatha's father Myles Ariel was married to Edward's sister also Lucretia.

Mary Eyre Ariel (Bompinai) lived with her step-mother, Lucretia Ariel for ages. She was only 5 when her father died.

Henry Clark was Edward and Lucretia's brother. His daughter, Lucretia J Clark married Osmond Brock in 1866.
                        Osmond was a Navy type...... his son also Osmond was Admiral of the Fleet in 1929.

I love Google.

So yes......they obviously kept in touch, although Mary was only 10 when Edward and Agatha were divorced.

Comment

Merry......we crossed paths.

Mary was the youngest of the Ariel children.

David died in the West Indies in 1838 aged 20.
                          Elizabeth married henry Farr and died in the 1860s.
                          Agatha...well you know as much as I do.
                          Myles came to Australia in 1853 and promptly vanished.
                          And then there's Mary.

Comment

Working...
                          X