FTM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM question

I have the 2005 wdytya FTM. I have not used all the facilitys that this have to offer but I have been playing around with various books. I managed to do a book with just my direct ancestors missing out any of their siblings etc. But when I added a time line it did the entire file and not just the part for the book that I had open. Is there a way of adding a timeline thats only relevant to my direct ancestors.?
    Would it be to export selected individuals then open that as a new ged.com? If so I am not quite sure how to do that

Thank you Elaine, I have managed to get the people I want but I am having trouble adjusting it to print out. Looks like I am using 4 pices of paper when only one should suffice.

Comment

Have you got your paper selection set up right
      FILE / PRINT SETUP
      Select A4 paper, which I presume you are using, choose between landscape or portrait orientation - reduce margins.

Check the font size
      FORMAT / TEXT FONT STYLE & SIZE - you will find that you should be able to read it OK even if set to as small as 6.

Any improvement?
      Elaine

Comment

been trying all different things, main problem is when I view it there are broken lines like a cross divding the paper into 4, if I can work out how to move those then it would be correct but cant seems to find a way of moving those,hence its printing what should be on one piece of paper onto 4. (if that makes sense)

Comment

If there are lines crosssing it when you view it, the program is telling you that it needs 4 pieces of paper to fit it all on.

Have you made the margins as small as possible and reduced the size of the font down to 6?
          Elaine

Comment

tried all sorts.. it did improve when I changed the font to 6 but its still not fitting into the paper. Perhaps if I cut off afew of my rellies and make it less then it may work. I wonder if anybody else has printed a timeline.

Comment

Something in the back of my mind is ringing bells here!

I seem to remember quite a while ago that someone had a problem including a timeline in a book, which resulted in printing problems. I think it was one of the Rosie/Rosy members - I'll see if I can find an old thread.
              Elaine

Comment

Yes - it was Rosie Knees who advises against including a timeline in a FTM book.
                Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine. I will look at that thread in a minute but for now I give up

it was only an idea as my grandson was asking about the war and grandfather etc. He has been doing a bit of history at school so i thought i might print one out to see for myself who was alive during which period but its not a easy as it sounds. I think it is because as teh timeline progresses through time it naturally goes over to the right hence needing a double width of paper.

Comment

Working...
                  X