why wont backups go over old one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why wont backups go over old one???

I am trying to back up my files on Vista but I only have 10 discs and am trying to use a back up disc with stuff already on it ?? how do you get it to write over the old stuff ??? thanks , it keeps telling me to install a blank disc ????

Val if its not RW disc you wont be able to it has to be re writable if so it should just ask you if you want to go over the tree that you have on there ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

hyer Babs and good to see you on here hope your feeling much better???
      It is a rewriteable one

Comment

Opps sorry Val have been out ,,,yes lot better thanks ,,
        well when you put your disc in and do back up it should say do you want to over write your tree mine does and I just click yes ;;;so sorry babe carnt help you other than that ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

it doesnt say that Babs just that the disc is not blank ?? thanks anyway looks like I may have to buy some more discs .

Comment

Val, have you tried erasing & Formatting the discs?

Comment

It sounds like the disc needs formating

Comment

blimey how do I do that please ??? thanks

Comment

Compact discs use 'Optical storage' (read/write with a laser light), so do not require Formatting in the sense of how we do it with a magnetic Hard drive or Floppy drive.

Look at the menu bar for the burner program you are using, does it say anywhere 'Erase Rewritable disk'?

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks Trevor but how do I know what programme Im using

Comment

Working...
                    X