im looking for any census that shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking for any census that shows

any info on sarah ann holder born 1866 east dean,died 1895.
    i know she had a son harry holder out of wedlock,he was born 1890 leeds yorkshire.
    i know sarah,s parents.... were joseph holder and sarah gwinnell.
    im trying to find who she married and if she had any other children,harry is with his aunt and uncle julia emma ang george lister these were my great grandparents.anything at all please,im trying to go through the whole bro sis of sarah a brenda xxx

There is a death in 1895 4th quarter for Sarah Ann Holder age 27, Hunslet 9b 190

If that is her then it looks as if she didn´t marry.
    Elaine

Comment

yes its her she had harry and he was 5 when she died,thankyou elaine i wil go to the next brother or sis thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Joseph Holder 42
        Sarah Holder 41
        Joseph Wm Holder 19
        Freak Jno Holder 16
        George Allen Holder 14
        Marian Holder 12
        Adeline Holder 9
        Julia Holder 7
        Sarah Holder 5
        Class: RG10; Piece: 2599; Folio: 18; Page: 28

Joseph Holder 51
        Sarah Holder 50
        Adeline Holder 18
        Julia E. Holder 16
        Sarah A. Holder 14
        Edward W. Flynn 2 (g/son)
        Class: RG11; Piece: 4488; Folio: 32; Page: 25;

Joseph Holder 64
        Sartha Holder 63
        Anne Holder 24
        Harry Holder 1 (G/son)
        Class: RG12; Piece: 3662; Folio 41; Page 27
        Tracy

Comment

thankyou i was trying to find who was hary,s mother either sarah a holder or adeline
          brenda xxx

Comment

Bren, I think the only way to be sure would be to get the birth certificate for Harry.
            Elaine

Comment

yes i think so but im not sure where he was born?thats why i thought a census would help.brenda xxx

Comment

The 1891 census shows his place of birth as Leeds.
                I'll see if there is anything in freeBMD.
                Elaine

Comment

This one is a possibility:

Births Mar 1890
                  Holder Harry
                  Hunslet volume 9b page 300

In 1891 the family were living in Hunslet.
                  Elaine

Comment

yes thats where my holders went to live from gloucestershire,and thats where adeline and sarah lived i have the adress but on the 1881 census it says he is with his grandparents,we dont know who is father was as he went by the mothers name holder, im hoping to go through josephs and sarah,s children hoping i might get livivng rellies from there children brenda xxx
                    julia was my great grandmother and sarah my ggreat grandmother

Comment

It's the 1891 census he is shown with the grandparents, Bren.
                      If he was illegitimate then it is doubtful that a father's name is shown on the birth certificate.
                      Elaine

Comment

There is a possible marriage shown on freeBMD - but unless you get the certificate or wait until the 1911 census is available, it's impossible to say if it is the right person.

Harry Holder 1910 1st quarter Middlesborough vol 9d, page 851
                        Elaine

Comment

yes i supose so i thought maybe she may put it on and still call him holder,if i want to send for the birth certificate can you tell me what i have to do and what i need to put?i sent for some last year but my brian is 12 months older since then.brenda xxx

Comment

yes harry married and lived in canada and died in france 1914,he had 3 children one is my new found cousins dad,but he is new and i found him ,he knows nothing of his grandad only where he came from,married and died brenda xxxbrenda xxx

Comment

Probably best to order from the GRO
                              General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths

On the first page where it asks whether you have the GRO reference, make sure you tick the YES box.
                              The details for the one I found are:

Name: Harry Holder
                              Year: 1890
                              Quarter: March
                              District: Hunslet
                              Volume: 9b
                              Page: 300

Don't add anything else - ignore all boxes relating to mother/father's names etc.

The cost will be £7.00. If you get to the end and find it is more then you have forgotten to tick the box in the first page - so go back and start again!
                              Elaine

Comment

thankyou eliane will do many thaks have a good day,will let you know who the mother is lol brenda xxx
                                just sent for it alaine thankyou was £7 brenda xxx
                                Last edited by Guest; 18-10-08, 12:26.

Comment

help again

can someone help me please im sending for a birth certificate and death and there asking for the day and month i only have

emily kemp,b1916.jan/feb/march,hunslet westriding ,9b page 792
                                  death 1918.oct/nov/dec
                                  age at death 2,leeds yorkshire,volume 9b.page 860
                                  i cant send for it as they wont accept just the years.brenda xxxx
                                  Last edited by Guest; 20-10-08, 17:48.

Comment

bumping up brenda xxx

Comment

Bren,

I presume you are trying to order from the GRO.
                                      On the first page there is a question "Do you have the GRO reference"
                                      Make sure you tick the YES box.

The only other information you have to give are boxes marked with a red asterisk. You do not have to give specific dates if you have the full GRO reference.
                                      Elaine

Comment

i gave what i have put here but it wanted the day and month too i will go and try again thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                                        X