Aviator research/history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviator research/history

Today was the centenery of Samuel Codys first powered flight, there was a small flypast come historic flight display here at Farnborough in recognition.

It was on the BBC Ten O'Clock News - John Simpson reported on it and said that Samuel Cody was his great-grandfather. Or was it just that he was married to John Simpson's great-grandmother? I got a bit confused.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

My Gran's cousin Jack Ormston was an earlyish aviator, around 1929. He twice took part in the King's Cup Air Race.
      Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
        It was on the BBC Ten O'Clock News - John Simpson reported on it and said that Samuel Cody was his great-grandfather. Or was it just that he was married to John Simpson's great-grandmother? I got a bit confused.
        JS's middle name is Cody!

Blimey, this is complicated!

Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 17-10-08, 14:11.

Comment

I'll have to draw a diagram of it before I understand it, Merry!
          KiteRunner

Comment

Now I've drawn my diagram, it looks as though Samuel Cody wasn't John Simpson's great-grandfather nor even married to JS's great-grandmother, but they lived together.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
            X