Windows Mail in Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Mail in Vista

My husband has Vista on his laptop but is not very experienced.
    He wants to send an e-mail with an attachment which is a scanned receipt in .jpg format (I scanned the receipt for him).
    When he sent the e-mail with the attachment he had a message which said that Windows Mail had removed access to the attachment as it was unsafe.

Can somebody explain to me what is going on? I have searched the help section and there is no mention of .jpg files being unsafe. Has the file been sent with the attachment and if so, who has been refused access to the attachment?

Is this another example of 'Nanny' Vista?

Have just googled your problem and one answer was
    Go to Tools, Options, Security - uncheck "Do not allow attachments..."

- not sure if that is going to help!
    Elaine

Comment

This is an on going problem with Vista as far as I can tell. It has happened to me many times. Either the attachment does not arrive or it has been removed.
      I recevied an email yesterday with an image in it. Today I went to open it to show my husband and the image has gone just a white box with a red x in it saying image removed by sender. But I veiwed it last evening it drives me mad.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

'Nanny Vista' it most certainly is.

So is the "are you sure you want to do that?", answer 'yes' and it says "are you really sure?"

I use XP, will never move to Vista, as there is no need
        If it aint broke.............don't fix it is my motto!

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Wise words Trevor!
          My OH ordered our new PC & it came complete with Vista! The man in the shop told OH it was THE system to have! It's been a nightmare since. I could find my way around XP, although am not all that technical, but Vista just confuses me.

Comment

Working...
          X