Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish records added to Familyrelatives.com

Just received an e-mail from Familyrelatives.com

One of the largest collections of Irish records available is being released online by www.Familyrelatives.com. This forms part of a programme to add more than 10 million new records by the end of this year.

The new sources will contain, Indexes to Irish Wills 1536-1857 (5 Volumes), Irish Genealogical Guide, Quaker Records Dublin Abstracts of Wills, Alumni Dublinense 1593-1846, Ireland Topographical Dictionary, Land Records, Commissioned Sea Officers of the Royal Navy, 1660-1815, Irish Names and Surnames, MacDonald's Directory - 5 counties and the Medical Register for Ireland 2 Volumes. The records contain amongst other material, surnames, year, location and county.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Please note the records above are only available to subscribers and not pay per view

(it says below on the site, but since they're posted above, I changed it lol)

This site has come a long way since its patchy beginnings. Just wish I could access the information lol
    Tracy

Comment

Pipped at the post. I was just about to post the same information!

The email I received continues as follows:

An extract from the Irish Genealogical Guide - Copies & Abstracts of Irish Wills describes why these records are so useful to family historians and came to exist "Wills being of paramount importance for the study of family and social history, the act of vandalism by which the buildings of the Four Courts, Dublin, were destroyed on the 30th June, 1922, has proved to be a serious set-back to genealogical research, as all the original wills deposited therein at the time were burned; many other documents of national importance met a similar fate.

(I find this statement a bit inflammatory, but be that as it may).

Fortunately however, prior to the disaster, genealogists had copied from time to time many thousands of these wills and the results of their labours had been offtimes published in genealogical journals and family histories"

We are very pleased to present the Irish collection online, it has always been our intention to add Irish records to the existing Familyrelatives.com data as these rare records are invaluable to family historians and assist in their research, a spokesmanfor the site added.

Upcoming Collections

Familyrelatives.com will be adding valuable new datasets to the site to benefit our subscribers. Additions over the next few months, will include many more Military records including Commissioned Sea Officers of the Royal Navy, 1660-1815 and School and University records for England, Wales, Scotland, including Ireland and the USA.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

just looked and you have to pay for the info.thankyou anyway brenda xxx

Comment

Some of this is also on Ancestry, such as the Indexes to Irish Wills, and the Quaker Records Dublin Abstracts of Wills:
          Search Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records - Ancestry.co.uk

Irish Names and Surnames: http://content.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/...d=0%3a7858%3a0
          Ireland Topographical Dictionary: http://content.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/...d=0%3a7858%3a0
          Commissioned Sea Officers of the Royal Navy, 1660-1815: http://content.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/...d=0%3a7858%3a0
          Last edited by Cloggie; 16-10-08, 14:19.
          Sarah

Comment

I think you would have to be pretty sure that your ancestors were going to be on one of those databases to pay a sub for them. The Irish wills stuff is available elsewhere but the school and university records sound promising if there are going to be a lot of them!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Uncle John

Yes, The Four Courts fire in Dublin was in 1922, during their Civil War. Ireland gained Independence from England in 1921, though were still in the Commonwealth until 1949. I shall believe the school and university records when I see them!

Janet
              Last edited by Janet; 16-10-08, 16:28.

Comment

Whoops, I could have phrased that better! I meant inflammatory as in causing a stir, not an actual fire.

Comment

I think the commissioned sea officers could be useful when it comes on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                    I think the commissioned sea officers could be useful when it comes on line.

It is already online at Ancestry: Commissioned Sea Officers of the Royal Navy, 1660-1815 - Ancestry.co.uk
                    and also at FamilyRelatives: http://www.familyrelatives.com/searc...a_officers.php
                    Last edited by Cloggie; 17-10-08, 06:29.
                    Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X