Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hants OPC (Knightroots.co.uk) more material :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hants OPC (Knightroots.co.uk) more material :)

I was googling a combination of names and places this afternoon and discovered that this site has lots more material than when I last looked:

Welcome to Knightroots

There's a whole lot of transcriptions for Portsea and Portchester, for instance.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Christine, many thanks! I wondered if they would update it.

I have already found some of my Purkis burials. I have a huge family in Portsea.

I should be preparing for my niece's wedding on Friday. I keep getting lured back on here...
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post

I should be preparing for my niece's wedding on Friday. I keep getting lured back on here...
      Funny you should say that!

I have lots of CHRISTMAS and RUSSELL family there - and a handful of OH's SA(I)NSBURYs.

I'm supposed to be getting ready for the fact that we've got a crowd coming to celebrate elder son's 30th birthday on Saturday. Fortunately the meal is at the local (really good) restaurant. It'll cost an arm and a leg, but at least I don't have to worry about preparation - much.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'm doing lunch for half the wedding party on Saturday...

I'm only preparing the desserts myself. The rest will come from a local delicatessen which does great buffet food (mainly Italian). We will have a houseful - it should be great!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thank you for the Knightroots link.
          I've just found a relative as a marriage witness, in an unexpected parish.

Comment

Thank you, Christine! I've just found some more of mine

Comment

Elizabeth - what a coincidence! I'm just trying to sort out Isabel(la) Purkiss who married my g-g-uncle Henry Bowman BRISTOW in Australia - I think she may be one of the Portsea Purkisses! Off to look at the site...
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

When I contacted them, this was part of the (very pleasant) reply:
                These transcriptions have actually been on line since August 2006.
                :o

If you do use that site and any of your names include S - or double-S - and you're using Control-F, make sure you search for FS as well as SS! (e.g. RUFSELL as well as RUSSELL) The transcriber has done a great job, but (presumably) wasn't aware of the old-fashioned long-S, which looks like a modern f.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                X