Onscreen Keyboard playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onscreen Keyboard playing up

My onscreen keyboard has suddenly developed the annoying habit of doubling some of the keys I click with the mouse pointer even though I only click once. This isn't too bad if I can see what I've typed (but it's annoying and time consuming) but if I'm entering security details that only show as dots, it can be hard to notice when it's happened and to keep track of which character has gone in twice. As I use the onscreen keyboard for accessing the bank and building societies, I sometimes end up not being able to get in to my accounts because the security details are wrong.

Can anyone tell me why it's started doing this (I've used it for years with no trouble) and how to put it right please?

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Could it be a problem with the mouse, Ann? Perhaps it is sticking and needs cleaning?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      Could it be a problem with the mouse, Ann? Perhaps it is sticking and needs cleaning?
      OH suggested that over the dinner table when I was telling him I'd asked for help with this problem. I'll certainly look at it but I don't notice any problems with the mouse at other times.

|nn
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Check the settings menu > Typing Mode
        You should have Click to select as the setting.
        If it is on Hover the text is used when the mouse moves on the key, then when you click, it will use it again

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
        X