This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having very senior moment day today

Can someone please tell me how to make gedcom of just my own ancestors;;please ;;
    Want to make two seperate ones mine and hubbys to make 1 basic gedcom or just ancestors without all the side lines ;;
    sorry feeling really thick today, looked for instructions and carnt find them;;:o
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Babs - can you just clarify - are you talking about your direct ancestors only - or do you want your direct ancestors plus their siblings?
    - and which program are you using - FTM 2006 / 2008 or 2009?
    Elaine

Comment

Direct ancestors and siblings but not all wives and second 3/4/5th cousins ;;;

Comment

What it is Elaine is that I have had complaint about me having someones name on FTM homepage who is alive I hadnt realised it was there but in any case the person is not related to me as I had 2 branches that we found out wernt connected , so want to use new gedcom to update home page but as I have over the 2000 in my tree it will not do it automatically so need to do new geddy

Comment

Have used instructions for FTM 2006 - if you need 2008/2009 I'll redo it.

Open your FTM, and with the cursor on your own name, create an Ancestor tree (standard).
          Click on CONTENTS, select OPTIONS
          tick the boxes include siblings of primary and all other individuals.

This should give you an Ancestor tree showing all the people you wish to make the gedcom for.

Go to FILE - click EXPORT FILE
          select Copy/export individuals in Ancestor tree

Enter a filename
          In the drop down box (under filename box) select save as GEDCOM *.GED
          Save file.

Hope that helps.
          Elaine

Comment

Many thanks for that dear ,,,,kept making ancestor tree but went blank after that;;;

Comment

Working...
            X