look up please England & Wales Christening Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look up please England & Wales Christening Records

hi I only have the monthly pass to ancestry so i cant look at christenings could some one please look for James wood he was born in Hunntingdon in 1835 I beleive his parents were henry wood (a baker) and sarah ruff
    he had 2 older siblings
    george wood born 1828 and
    mary wood born 1829
    just incase these names come up
    thanks so much
    Tracy
    Twinklestar

Nothing shows up for any of them.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine thanks for looking prehaps they were not christened james's birth date i got from his marriage certificate
      thanks again Tracy
      Twinklestar

Comment

They may well have been christened - it is more probable that the parish registers for that parish/county have not been transcribed in the database which Ancestry is using.
        Elaine

Comment

Elaine can you please look for charlotte she was born 1839 sorry posted at the same time
          so they may not have been transcribed so I may still find them locally in huntingdon
          Thanks so much
          Tracy
          Twinklestar

Comment

Nothing for Charlotte.
            Ancestry are using the BIVRI (British Isles Vital Records Index) for their main database for christenings. Sorry to say that Huntingdonshire is not well represented - it looks as if only a few records have been transcribed.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine I just googled to see what records there are for this area
              Thanks so much again fopr your help
              Tracy
              Twinklestar

Comment

Tracy, Huntingdon is very poorly represented on both Ancestry and the IGI. I think many churches did not allow their records to be copied.

However the Archives in Huntingdon are very helpful. I went there and found loads of stuff, although it was a long way from home. While I was there the staff were busy on the phones answering peoples questions and being extremely helpful. I'm sure they would make a small charge for copying something for you but it could work out a lot chaeper than going to Huntingdon! They are aware that people find it difficult to obtain Huntingdon records.

Anne

Comment

Hi Anne thanks you so much for the information I did find their website I may give them a ring and then go over there it is only about 30 minutes from me.
                  Thanks so much again for the info
                  Tracy
                  Twinklestar

Comment

Originally posted by TWINKLESTAR View Post
                    hi I only have the monthly pass to ancestry so i cant look at christenings could some one please look for James wood he was born in Hunntingdon in 1835 I beleive his parents were henry wood (a baker) and sarah ruff
                    he had 2 older siblings
                    george wood born 1828 and
                    mary wood born 1829
                    just incase these names come up
                    thanks so much
                    Tracy
                    Hi. I've only just joined family tree forum, hence the long gap in this thread. My great-grandfather was James Wood's youngest brother, Robert. James actually had 14 (yes, fourteen!) siblings - the oldest, Henry, born 1822; the youngest, Robert, my great-grandfather, born 1849. You're quite right: their parents were Henry Wood(born 1802) and Sarah Ruff (born 1805).
                    Hope this is some use. I can let you have all the other siblings if you like.
                    Cheers, Woodsman

Comment

Hi Woodsman,
                      Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Just so you know, I've sent a message to Twinklestar (Tracy) just in case she misses your posting.
                      Elaine

Comment

Hi Woodsman
                        thanks to Elaine for pointing out that you had left a message for me

I have done a lot of research since I posted this thread I have been over to huntingdon archives and have loads more in fo please feel free to send me a private message and we can swap email addreses
                        thanks Tracy
                        Twinklestar

Comment

Working...
                        X