Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holders of George Cross & Victoria Cross.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holders of George Cross & Victoria Cross.

I was visiting a friend yesterday, and the conversation turned to military history. It transpires that her father has details of all the holders of these awards since they were started, and is acknowledged as such by those-who-know-about-these-things.

If anyone wants info, I'll get his address - apparently he doesn't 'do' emails.

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

This is a George Cross index but how far it goes up to I don't know.

George Cross Database - Summary index table of all individual GC awards
    Last edited by JBee; 13-10-08, 13:06.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

There's a VC list on Documents Online, too.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X