Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mary coates throughout the 19th century?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary coates throughout the 19th century?

mary pratt married simon coates on 19 jan 1813, grinton

here they are in 1841-Class: HO107; Piece 1246; Book: 2;

her in 1851-Class: HO107; Piece: 2380; Folio: 317; Page: 40

is this her in 1861?- Class: RG9; Piece: 3672; Folio: 71; Page: 28

and 1871?-RG10; Piece: 4874; Folio: 90; Page: 12

i cant find a death reg if it's not. ideas?
    Last edited by kylejustin; 13-10-08, 07:08.

it would be nice if there was some thoughts, im totally not sure on this front.

Comment

I've had a look at the census entries you mentioned and they look right to me. In 1861 Mary is a widow and there are 2 deaths that could fit for the husband - Q/E Sep 1857 and Q/E June 1860, both in Reeth which is the right area.

In 1871 it seems she has moved to Richmond and I would think that James (head) is her son - although his age seems to change a bit between censuses. He is a few doors along from his mother in 1861.

Was there a reason you were doubting it?

Jackie
      Jackie

Comment

If you can't find a death, it might be misindexed, Cotes or variant. Or she might have remarried.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i couldn't find james in the census. and mary was a maid or a lodger on the census she was with him. i thought it was weird, but there wern't any deaths that fitted for 1851-1861.

but, the reason she moved is unclear. now i know why my coates moved to durham though, because james and mary did!1 i always wondered why they were from grinton, but moved to durham.

the other reason i doubted, was there are two possible baptisms for her, and either one could fit with the age variations on the census. and my coates arn't very specific for place of birth either. it's always reeth, muker or grinton.

she's either the daughter of michael pratt and margaret peacock, or thomas pratt and isabelle spence. neither set of names are given to the children.

Comment

Working...
          X