Great grand parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great grand parents

My grandparent Gertrude Lucy White's (20th April 1916 - Gloucestershire)mum was called Annie Reeves. I do not have any information regarding her father. I have asked for a birth certificate to help me out. But I was hoping that someone could speed up this for me slightly.

I only know that Annie Reeves was born in Gloucestershire and that is about it.

White is Gerties married or maiden name?
    Jess

Comment

Gertrude L White

Mothers maiden name Amphlett

Registered Jun qtr 1916 Bristol 6a 5

Comment

Sorry a little miss leading there.

My Nan Whites maiden name was Grace. She had 3 sons before she married. All 3 sons have taken her maiden name. She then married my grandad Tom White

Comment

Are you sure?

There's no Gertrude White with mmn Reeves showing on FreeBMD, but there is this:

Births Jun 1916
          White Gertrude L mmn Amphlett Bristol 6a 5

Comment

How does Annie Reeves come into things then?
            Jess

Comment

Sorry, cross-posted!

Comment

I feel like I've looked at this before??

Births Jun 1916
                Grace Gertrude L Reeves Dursley 6a 466

Comment

She was born Gertrude Grace to Annie Reeves........... Yes /no/something else??

Gertrude Grace born to Annie Grace NEE Reeves - with you now..........I think
                  Jess

Comment

There is a Gertrude L Grace with the mother's maiden name of Reeves in the correct qtr and year.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Oh, I remember now......I found this:

Marriages Dec 1907
                      GRACE Herbert William Dursley 6a 555
                      HIBBS Charles William C Dursley 6a 555
                      HUDD Nellie Maria Dursley 6a 555

with a missing bride and this:

Marriages Dec 1907
                      REEVES Annie Dursley 6a 655

which has an incorrect page number!

Comment

She was born Gertrude Lucy Grace in 1916, her mother was Annie Reeves.

Comment

So that's her birth reg in post #8 and possibly her parents marriage two posts ago!

Comment

Marriages Dec 1907
                            GRACE Herbert William Dursley 6a 555
                            HIBBS Charles William C Dursley 6a 555
                            HUDD Nellie Maria Dursley 6a 555

with a missing bride and this:

Marriages Dec 1907
                            REEVES Annie Dursley 6a 655

which has an incorrect page number!

Going by your last posting am I lead to beleive that Annie Reeves could have been married more than once?

Comment

Tivvy

Don't understand why you think Annie Reeves was married more than once? She may have been, of course, but the evidence so far doesn't suggest that.

Annie REEVES married Herbert GRACE in 1907.

Gertrude GRACE was born in 1916.

Seems straightforward to me!

OC

Comment

Going by your last posting am I lead to beleive that Annie Reeves could have been married more than once?
                                No, generally after 1852 each page of the GRO records has two marriages. So, two brides and two grooms (before this there was up to four couples). It's not possible from the indexes alone to determin who married who until 1912 when the spouse surname was incorporated into the indexes.

So in this case we have two grooms and two brides, but one bride has been transcribed with the wrong page number.

In any case, you should get the birth cert of their child first to confirm that marriage is the right one.

Comment

I think we all need to think seriously about our grand parents lives, and how they will from now on. As they need some specials facilities and care to be provided at this stage of life. As there are some very good and reasonable old age housing projects, who are providing all the luxuries facilites for senior citizens. Along with 24/7 nursing care facility. I think we must think to avail this oppertunity for our grand parents.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Ferrer,

I do understand your concern for older relatives and looking after them in later life, but I think most others here will agree that digging up a post from four years ago to get your point across is not realistic on this type of Forum.
                                    Do you have a connection to this family and its your way of making a point to the original poster?

We have a really good General Discussion forum for you to air your views and get replies to your thoughts as This part of the Forum is really for people wanting to offer their help with researching and assiting others to do so.
                                    If you think you can offer valuable information on this research site then please make this clear.

Edna

Comment

Working...
                                    X