maltese genes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maltese genes

i have a friend whose half irish, half maltese. her irish lines go back to the convicts, but her family has no clue about the maltese line.

she knows the story of her grandparents fleeing malta and they're history in victoria. but her grandfather died last year, and her nanna wont talk about malta. she doesn't even know if her grandparents were married here.

i told her to get her grandfathers death cert, as it will tell her the names of parentsand where he got married and where he was born. but she's just as interested in her nanna's family. she seems to think that her maternal line is half english. is there any way to trace maltese ancestry?

i can get a bit of info if it will help, like places of residence and the surname.
    maybe even the name of the grandfather f she'll let me post it.

can someone givesome pointer's?

Have you checked the links in the wiki to see if there is anything that might help?
    Malta - Family Tree Forum
    Elaine

Comment

i'll let her know. thanks for that

Comment

My son and hubby have Maltese genes and if you want to get any info before 1863 you will have to go there. They are my certs in the wiki!
        Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Thanks for this. I have finally done what I should have done many moons ago! I have finally got around to hopefully obtaining my parents' marriage Cert and my brother's Birth Cert from Malta. Now just hoping that both can be found!

Janet

Comment

are the certs in maltese? or can you get english versions?

Comment

The certs are in Maltese and but they also have English bits! The death and birth certs are in English and Maltese but the marriage cert is purely in Maltese. I think thats more of religious thing than anything else.
              Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

thats alright, her mother speaks maltese and she is learning it.
                is there some sort of index to search for certs?

Comment

No unfortunately you have to stab in the dark! The Maltese Register Office generally searches 3 years either side of the date you state when you order so you have to have a bit of an idea.

Comment

I have just sent a query to the Maltese Registry Office loking for a Marriage Cert for 1931. They did a search from 1929 to 1931, and I asked them to extend the search to 1932/3 which they obligingly did so, without a result, but still they were very helpful in this instance. I also asked for a Birth Cert for December 1931, which they found and will be sending to me, and all this in the space of three days since my previous posting.

Janet

Comment

could be a problem. she's going to ask about the family with rellies. maiden names, birth places, marriages, parents, etc. i dont know if she'll get much out of her nanna.

the mothers maiden name is fenech. any ideas how common this name maybe?

Comment

Looks quite Maltese...

Comment

I just received a Maltese birth certificate, took about 9 days to arrive, great service. It had both parents ages & places of birth, both grandfathers names too and stated they were both alive at the time of registration, this was most helpful.

Comment

ok, so the granfather was fenech, and the grandmother was borg.
                            so, the grandmother is also of english descent.

i still need to her to get the grandfathers death cert before probing in malta, it will twll about the marriage, and if it's as helpful as you suggest, it might make it easier.

Comment

Working...
                            X