X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I find his birth?

I have the following family on the 1851 census:-

Henry Lippiatt 29 Head Coal Miner
    Ann Lippiatt 29 Wife (Maiden name Hodges)
    Elizabeth Lippiatt 8
    James Lippiatt 3
    Thos Lippiatt 3 Mo
    Wm Lippiatt 3 Mo
    James Lippiatt 73 Father
    Sarah Miles 53 Mother in Law

They are in Camerton, Somerset (cannot read the street name).

I have found the birth records for all the children except James. He is not on FreeBMD or Bath BMD. :(

Can anyone help please?

Also, can anyone read whether Sarah Miles is Married or Widowed? I cannot make it out.

Thanks in advance.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

There is a James Lippiatt Mar qtr 1849 Bridgewater (10, 378)

Looks like mar next to Sarah but it's not very clear.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 11-10-08, 19:04.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Have you found the family on the next census?

Comment

Wendy
        Thanks for that, I thought he was 5 in 1851 so was looking at the wrong year. Also if he was registered in Bridgewater, that will be why he's not on Bath BMD?

Merry
        Not yet, still looking without success so far.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I think it says married for Sarah Miles.

Not sure if this birth registration is any good - census says he was born Camerton, but I´v no idea where that is!
          James Lippiatt
          1849 Jan-Feb-Mar
          Bridgwater
          Somerset
          Volume: 10
          Page: 378
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that's the same one Wendy gave me. Camerton is also in Somerset.
            Lynne

Comment

Camerton is in Clutton District I think (FreeBMD won't tell me at the mo)

Comment

I would try and eliminate this one:

Births Jun 1848
                Lippiatt William James Clutton 11 113

I know they had a William later, but anything goes in some families!!

Comment

Merry
                  I did wonder about that one but discounted it because of the later William. I will see if I can find him in 1861. Still not found the family though!
                  Lynne

Comment

Working...
                  X