Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pkillips All Saints Hereford HELP !

Hi There
    I have come to a piont where i'm at a standstill !
    Can anybody help. I am Hoping to find the parents of a John Phillips who married Esther Hamer at All Saints Hereford [I believe by banns] in 1769.

I have good cause to think he was a freeman of the city and was a virtualler, all unconfirmed. His son was a tailor John Phillips born 1770 m Ann Bagley.

I live i Australia, have been for the last 25 yrs so a little resticted !

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site!

With links like that, you feel there ought to be documentary evidence available!

It may be worth a look on the Wiki. I haven't had Herefordshire names so far, so I don't know what's available. The usual sources would include:
    IGI
    A2A
    TNA QuickSearch
    local family history http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ukhfhs/ & local history groups/societies
    Newspaper archives

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X