How to set up outlook express in simple terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set up outlook express in simple terms

I am on vista and have tried to set up all my email addresses in incredimail
    First of all is this possible and if so
    what do I put for user name and provider etc
    would it be the ones provided by Talktalk on all accounts as Im not sure when they say user name do they mean the one on that particular address or the one provided by Talktalk

Hello Val,
    I have sent you an email which may help a little. I expect that you will use Windows Mail now that you have Vista which is the updated version of OE6. Incredimail will also info on this. Google for detail and don't forget talktalk will also help.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hyer Margaret and thanks I was trying to be clever and put them all in one place but I messed up big time

Comment

Val, With Windows Mail I am able to receive all my GMail but not the other way round. The same if I open Virgin Webmail I can only see any emails that are sent via Virgin but not the Google ones.
        I understand what you are trying to do but I am not sure that it is always a compatible situation.
        I expect someone will shoot me down on this as maybe I am missing something.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

your right Margaret should have left well alone , really cocked up

Comment

The settings you need to look at are:
            POP (Post office Protocol)
            This is the address of the server you want the delivery to come from.
            So you would use the setting for that email provider.
            (ie supanet.com has the POP address of POP.supanet.com).

SMTP (Short message transfer Protocol)
            This is the address of the server that you want post to be deliverd from and is what your problem is most likely to be.
            If you are setting the SMTP of the email provider, BUT they are not the actual ISP connection you are using, then it cannot be sent.
            (like you want to post a letter from a London post office, but you are in Cardiff at the time).
            You need to make sure you have the SMTP setting of the Internet connection you are using.

For example;
            Connected via Talktalk for a Supanet email account of Mygenealogy@supanet.com
            POP would be POP.supanet.com (so I can pick up mail)
            SMTP would be SMTP.talktalk.net (So I can send mail)

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks for this Trevor maybe I should explain myself I have downloaded incredimail ,and was hoping to set up 3 of my email accounts into it ??? including the microsoft one is this possible ??
              And if so would the servers be the same for each ??? thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
              X