Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please - You won't believe this one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - You won't believe this one!!

Can anyone help me please! I've done something so stupid I can hardly tell you about it!

While taking a series of photographs with my digital camera I somehow (don't know how!) twiddled the knob and accidently took about 12 photos - which are actually Videos by mistake!

Is there any way of taking a still photo from the video? I want to put these on the computer and eventually makes prints of them.

I'm not very competent at the best of times - but any help would be much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Chris
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you have any Video Editing Software on your PC. Most video editing programs have the facility to take a still from video. In Ulead VideoStudio 10 (the one I use) it is as simple as pausing the Video Footage and then going to "Tools" and then pressing "save current frame as image" and the job is done.

If you do not have any proprietry Video Editing Software but you have Windows XP on your PC then you will have "Windows Movie Maker" on you PC. If you do not have it go to the Microsoft Website and Download it - it is free (if you use Windows).
    Once you have it you need to capture your video footage to the program and then go to "Tools" and then "take picture from preview" and hopefully you will have your still.

In all the programs once you have taken your still you will need to save it and "hey voila"
    You will have your stills.
    I hope this helps.
    Neil.

Comment

Many thanks Neil - you make it sound so easy!!

I've got XP so I'll have a try.

Thanks for your advice.

Chris
      Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Please let me know if you are successful and if you do have problems add another note and I'll see what else we can do.
        Neil.

Comment

Thanks Neil - I really appreciate your help.

Chris
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X