This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site so very slow why ???me or it

This last 3 days the site has been mega slow for me sometimes talking up to 10/15 mins to open up page ,
    have done all the basic things emptied options cookies history etc, done spybot Norton and defender scans nothing ;;
    GR and BBC news are ok same as Gens etc just basically this on one ancestry little bit slow but nothing like this ;;;
    did get wireless network set up on Wednesday night but it was playing up before then ;;;
    Anyone else having probs or can anyone give me clue as to what else to check ,,???
    have got my IT lads coming tomorrow but its doing my head in big time ;;;
    many thanks
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Thank heavens for that - I thought it was just me! It started about three days ago I agree - I was trying to submit a pm and everything froze - then I couldn't get back in for ages. Tried doing another pm yesterday and the same thing happened - and then I couldn't even open up New Posts. It keeps coming up with IE cannot display etc or just hangs. Even this page is only 3/4 open atm - I have done all the cookies, cache etc etc. defraged and all the necessary but am still having problems - and I imagine it will do the same again as there are only 7 smilies open and ?3 are just the red cross in box! Nothing else seems to be a problem though.
    Need smilie for "keeps fingers crossed"
    Marion
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

I've had the same problem to, especially when trying to reply to a post - takes for ever.:(
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

I had this problem last week, as did loads of others. It seems that the problem has moved to others now. Nothing you can do I'm afraid as it seems to be something to do with the internet and not this site.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh thank heavens for that ;;;and yes I am having the problem with smilies been red crosses as well ;;

Comment

Thanks for that Wendy ,,,couldnt have picked worse time to pick on me ;;;arghh

Comment

Bash and Sharon are having the same problem but only on this site

Comment

Thank you Val ,,,, been terrible for me x x x
                night night babe x x x

Comment

Hi there, just wanted to add my tale of woes. Yesterday was hideous, the site kept cutting me off, in the end I just gave up.
                  Pleased to announce that today is much better - back to normal.
                  Big sighs of relief all round as I really missed my chats with fellow Wattlers.
                  Val

Comment

It does seem to be running a lot smoother today - I will see after this post - and all of the smilies are there as well. So relieved - I was missing my tree fix!;)
                    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

hiya,mine seems fine today.so im keeping my fingers crossed,lol

Comment

Oh dear so just mine still playing up , well the computer lads are supose to be coming today to check it over for me so will find out if its anything to do with the wireless or not hopefully ;;;

Comment

Working...
                        X