Help please with the 1901 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with the 1901 Census

A hot match of 10 names turns out to be accurate and I've found a second cousin living in Canada!

I'll be able to send her b & d certs and copies of the 1901 Census showing our GGrandparents and her Grandfather's siblings but it's only this morning after 2 years of searching that I think I've found her Grandfather wrongly described as Halleth instead of Hallett on the 1901.

Benjamin Halleth, 13, Sussex Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Juvenile

Please would a kind person have a look for me and tell me the address and household?

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
    Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

32 Whippingham Road.

Do you want me to send you the image?

PM your email addy

Comment

Definitely Hallett Cherry

Henry Hallett, 52, carpenter and joiner
      Edith M, 33,
      Albert W, 22, carpenter and joiner
      Daisy H, 16,
      Benjamin, 13

32 Whippingham Road
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

:o Margaret and Gillian

I'm so sorry but I've put you to all that trouble for nothing. Getting together bits and pieces to send to my new found cousin I've found the 1901 Census record for Benjamin! My only excuse is that I think I was getting mixed up with the fact that I could never find his birth. There he is at 32 Whippingham Rd living with his Father, 2 of his 7 siblings and his stepmother Edith, his Mother Sarah, my GGrandma having died of pneumonia at the age of 47 in 1893.

Thank you both for your help and I do apologise for not checking everything through before I posted

Chamfort

Comment

Births Sep 1887

HALLETT Benjamin Brighton 2b 239

Comment

Do, thanks Merry, I'm definitely going a bit cuckoo I looked for him this morning under Halleth, thinking if he'd been mistranscribed on the 1901 maybe he was on FreeBMD too, My only excuse is that he must've been added on an update since I last checked:D:o

Chamfort

Comment

Working...
            X