Ancestry discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry discount

Just got email off ancestry saying why have i left and please comeback and will get 20% discount off so cheapest rate is £66.72 i think. I cancelled renewal back in July.
    not sure whether I need it yet though so will wait and see if it goes down to 25% off or something really decent is uploaded there that I need.
    angelina
    Angelina

they still ha e'nt offered me a discount, and mine ended in
    April:(

Comment

Angelina

Make sure you read the small print as there are now two rates for Ancestry, so your discount rate may only enable you to have the cheaper eqivalent £80 rate, rather than the more expensive £100+ rate. I would advise you to check both rates to see what is being offered on both, and what you may have to forgo on what you had previously, before you make your decision.

Janet

Comment

Yes that is true that is why I am waiting. The email title was 'Its a mystery' and this is what the email says;-
        *Essentials membership to Ancestry.co.uk is £83.40 and Premium membership is £107.40. 20% discount on these memberships reduces the amounts to £66.72 and £85.92 respectively. To qualify for this 20% discount you must renew your membership with Ancestry.co.uk by calling 0800 345 7927.
        I also have a customer reference number on the email maybe they will ask for that.
        Angelina
        Angelina

Comment

Have a look at going through Quidco
          In the search box put Ancestry ... here's a link

Quidco - Search Results (2)

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I got 25% cash back through quidco.

Comment

I cancelled my renewal in June but I am missing it so much I was thinking of renewing. I have now decided to wait and hope for an e-mail :D;)
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie - I didn't get the e-mail myself, but quoted the e-mail offer someone on GR had received and they gave me the same discount.

By chance it was the day they raised the prices, so I got in just in time to get the full Premium sub for £66.72.
                Gillian
                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thank you Gillian - so you didn't need a reference or anything?

Comment

No - I think I mentioned that the e-mail had been sent out by the Managing Director (Simon Harper, I think)
                    Gillian

Comment

I tried that too Gillian but they weren't having any of it :(

They said that I had a discount last year when I renewed & their policy was not to give annual discounts.

They did give me my renewal at £83 but I am on the premium version, not the basic so they said that would be classed as a discount anyway!

Joanie

Comment

I had a brochure from Ledger Battlefields Tours today and they are quoting 20% off Ancestry by
                        "simply quote ref: LEDGER now £63.96 usually £79.95

to join call 0800 783 1319
                        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

That's strange Daphne, isn't the basic price £83.40? Could that be an old offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Joan of Archives View Post
                            I tried that too Gillian but they weren't having any of it :(

They said that I had a discount last year when I renewed & their policy was not to give annual discounts.

They did give me my renewal at £83 but I am on the premium version, not the basic so they said that would be classed as a discount anyway!

Joan - people seem to get such a variety of responses when they ask for a discount lately. I can't decide if they are tightening up generally, or if it just a matter of being lucky in who answers the phone.

My sub had expired a couple of weeks beforehand, and the girl did say that the discount was only being offered as an incentive to lapsed members. I've had a discount every year since I first subscribed, three or four years ago, and even had three months free this year as I was one of those affected by the temporary non-acceptance of maestro cards.
                            Gillian

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                              That's strange Daphne, isn't the basic price £83.40? Could that be an old offer?
                              Gillian, the brochure is for 2009 so I did wonder, but just quoted what is written. Perhaps the brochures were printed before the price rise. Wonder if anyone will try for it? I don't need to as I have the World subscription.
                              Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi all,
                                My subsription expires at the end of October but as I have always ticked the automatic renewal they have offered me the Premium membership for the Essential membership price of £83.40 if I do renew. It is still a big jump from ther £69 I paid last year.

Do you think I should let it renew or cancel and hope for a discount email. The only thing is that I wouldn't like to go without Ancestry for very long - it is too useful to be without it.
                                Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X