Really dumb Legacy question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really dumb Legacy question.

On my Legacy tree, I cannot get my brother's year of birth to show.

If I click on his name (to open the box) it is there dd/mm/1957, but when I've got our parents in the main part, his year is missing. Mine is there.

So I've got
    top left.......father's parents
    top right.....mother's parents

centre left....father
    centre right...mother

In children......Me......my year of birth is in brackets
    Brother......the brackets are there with a - (minus) sign.

I've re-entered his details and saved them, but nothing.

If I print out the tree or make a gedcom it's there all fine.

Libby,
    Haven't had this problem - I know you have re-entered the date but have you done a search for "bad dates"?
    Under "dates" in Help it says:

For example, by the end of 1845, is not a recognized date (although Legacy will consider it as 1845 for sorting purposes). Another way to end up with "bad" dates is by importing them through GEDCOM files.

You can have Legacy search for all individuals and marriages that have unrecognized dates by using the All Records with Bad Dates option on the Search option. This will find all individuals who have an unrecognized date anywhere in their information. (See the Miscellaneous Searches tab description of the Searching topic for more information.)

There's quite a bit of info under Date: Bad Date Search which may help, failing that I would go to their support site - they are very helpful.

Sorry I can't be of more use - good luck with the problem though.

Marion
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Thanks Marion......Unfortunately I can't even find Bad Date Search. It is in the Index on the help section, but no idea what I'm doing wrong.

All this after saying Legacy was so simple....lol.

Comment

Libby,
        Go to Help, Contents, click on Index, enter date in the box and the Search will take you to Date - underneath that the first one to come up is Bad Date Search. Double click on that and it will come up with another box - select Bad Date Search and read that, then underneath that is See Also i-click on those.
        Marion

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
          On my Legacy tree, I cannot get my brother's year of birth to show.

If I click on his name (to open the box) it is there dd/mm/1957, but when I've got our parents in the main part, his year is missing ... I've re-entered his details and saved them, but nothing.
          Just a thought - have you tried re-entering his birthdate as dd-Month-1957 (without the hyphens) - i.e., actually spelling out the name of the month? Legacy should convert this to whichever date format you've selected to be the standard (e.g., dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, Mon-dd-yyyy, etc...), but perhaps in doing the conversion it will resolve any problem it has recognizing the date.

I don't know if this will help. but it won't take long to find out.

Good luck -

Tim
          "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Tim...that's what I have on all my dates. Eg. 24th March 1960.

They are all that format and it's just this one (my brother) who will not show on the main screen. When I double click on him to open it, it's all fine there.

Legacy just doesn't like him lol.

Comment

Libby,
              Have you tried putting just the year alone in for the date - and what comes up in the box then?
              Marion

Comment

Working...
              X