• Show
Clear All

• Emigration to Canada 1930's

Does anyone have access to emigration records from UK to Canada
    for the 1930's.
    I am trying to find what became of the daughter of my Gt Uncle
    William Fielding (Elsa Mary ) who went to Canada sometime in the 30's

Have a vague memory of receiving food parcels after the end of WW2
    and the fact she was wed to a Robert Smith and living in Montreal QE.
    Any info would be helpful, Regards Tony
    PS I think he had a plumbing company.

There's an Elsa Maud Fielding could this be her? no Elsa Mary
    Elsa Maud Fielding
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1913
    Birth Country: England
    Date of Arrival: 26 Oct 1930
    Vessel: Doric

The list says she is a grand daughter and place of birth Gateshead
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi Geordie girl,that certainly looks to be her,age is spot on,
      but who is she grand daughter to??

Comment

Tony it doesn't say but I've saved the passenger list and if you PM me your e-mail address I can send it as an attachment. You may see names you recognise.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

from findmypast

the above lady departed 17th October. Her occupation was shop assistant and her last address was c/o Etams, Grainger St. Newcastle.

Comment

and this

Name: Elsa FIELDING
            Date of departure: August 1938
            Port of departure: Southampton
            Passenger destination port: Montreal, Canada
            Passenger destination: Montreal, Canada

Date of Birth: 1913 (calculated from age)
            Marital status:
            Sex: Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUCHESS OF RICHMOND
            H A Moore
            Canadian Pacific
            Montreal, Canada

Comment

Thanks for that Sue, looks like she returned to the UK then went back to Canada pre war,and still not wed!!
              Best Regards Tony

Comment

Canadian lists only go to 1935 on Ancestry.
                Daphne

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                  Canadian lists only go to 1935 on Ancestry.

That has been my stumbling block for quite a while.

I have an aunt, something or other in the forces during WWII, she moved to Canada sometime in the 40's or early 50's with a Canadian airman, presumably they married in Canada as there isn't a marriage entry in UK records, the trouble is where/when she went and his surname are not fully known.
                  Apparently she did research the family tree too but i would guess it got thrown out when she passed away, her kids moved to the USA but apart from her birth cert i can't find anything at all for her.

Tony

Glad to see you on the site, i'm wondering of any of the Berwickshire places of worship stuff has been any use at all? A few places you have in the gedcom database have been submitted and i probably have some extra exterior and interior pics too for some of the locations.
                  Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 08-10-08, 14:16.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Glen, if there was a possibility of her going to Quebec you could try this site

BMS2000 - Bienvenue

you need to register to look , not easy to get around in my mind but doable, but you have to buy credits to view the whole report. Will give names but no date until you pay that sort of thing.
                    Daphne

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post

BMS2000 - Bienvenue

not easy to get around in my mind..............
                      You can say that again, even the search boxes are laid out upside down!!

Anyways, had a quick peep but nothing coming up for her when searching her maiden name.

Thanks for the link, one day something will appear somewhere.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

A useful addition to the repertoire!

Is it in the Wiki?

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine, yes, found it when I was looking for things for Tony. I did find his young relative's marriage on there but don't have credits for the site.
                          Daphne

Comment

Glen, if you've not looked in the Wiki try it, open the Wiki, go to World Index then North America then Canada. Each state is listed and yost go through what's available. Some states seem to have more on offer than others.
                            Daphne

Comment

Working...
                            X