Scottish Heraldry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Heraldry

Just in case anyone is interested, below are new records at Scotlands People.
    I don't think any of my crofters or fishermen would have had a coat of arms ( I had a quick look at some of my names but without success) but it may be of interest to someone with wealthy rellies.

Apologies if this has already been highlighted
    herky

"We are pleased to announce that The Court of the Lord Lyon, the heraldic authority for Scotland responsible for granting Scottish Coats of Arms, has made its historic records available on Genealogy Scottish family birth records census ancestry Scotland uk - ScotlandsPeople .

Customers world wide will now be able to look at Coats of Arms in Scotland from 1672 to 1907 on ScotlandsPeople. To search these records is free and to view an image will cost £10."
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Ten POUNDS???? Gosh, you would have to be very sure that you had the right family!

OC

Comment

If you need to ask the price you clearly aren't exalted enough.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

UJ

If I were exalted enough, I wouldn't need to pay SP for the information!

OC

Comment

Working...
        X