Why can't I search on GR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I search on GR?

I have been trying to search the names on GR, to see if my rellies are in other trees, but I can't When I try, it just says my request can't be processed at the moment. This happened the last time I tried. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?
    Lynn

It's working for me Lynn, and was several times earlier today.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Lynn mines the same its supose to be something to do with squiggles etc in your name ????
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Mine's the same. I can't search for names either.
        I read that it was something to do with the symbols in my name and GR had sent someone a message saying that because they had changed their server the searches wouldn't work with the symbols (I think that was the gist of it). I tried to delete the heart symbols I have round my name and I got a message saying that my name was not allowed! I was trying to use my real name and they won't let me :( GRRRRR
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Well how ridiculous is that? I wonder if I can change my name then
          Lynn

Comment

Nope I changed my name so I don't have any symbols in it but still can't search. :( this is so annoying as I wanted to get someone to contact a lady for me, but I can't find her membership number for them to contact her. :(
            Lynn

Comment

I'm using firefox, Windows XP and genesreunited.co.za - it is still working for me.
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I use IE7 and Firefox on Vista and XP. Haven't really bothered with GR for a long time now so it doesn't particularly concern me.

Comment

Well mines IE on vista and wont work for me ,,I'm fuming so stupid why fix what isnt broken but hey thats them all the time ;;;
                  borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

You should definitely all report it to GR if you haven't already so that they get an idea of how many people are affected by it. Then if you get one of those standard responses that doesn't really answer your question, send them another message.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                    X