Hastings Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hastings Chronicle

A friend has found a snippet from the Hastings Chronicle/Hastings Mail regarding the death of an ancestor, Sophia Shearly, in Paris.
    Where would she be able to obtain a full copy of it?

1904 August 20 - Hastings Chronicle

She has tried the Lewes Records Office who say they cannot help.
    Elaine

It looks like you start off by emailing Steve Peak stevepeak@hastingschronicle.com and send a donation to cover costs!

See: Contribute - Hastings Chronicle

Quote: "If you would like a print of any of the Chronicle, contact Steve for pricing."

Comment

Doh! Now why didn't I see that!
      Thanks Merry.
      Elaine

Comment

I am very glad you had to ask Elaine, as I have just found a mention in 1907 of my GG uncle, who ran a restaurant in the town, which gives the full address and location of the business!! :D

P.S. I have added it to The Wiki ...
        Last edited by Caroline; 07-10-08, 09:53.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

A most useful find - quite a few snippets about my south coast relations. Many thanks to whomever put this link up to the Hastings Chronicle.
          Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            It looks like you start off by emailing Steve Peak stevepeak@hastingschronicle.com and send a donation to cover costs!

See: Contribute - Hastings Chronicle

Quote: "If you would like a print of any of the Chronicle, contact Steve for pricing."
            I tried Steve Peak who suggested I visit Hastings Library! :(
            I emailed the Hastings Library Service who have kindly looked up the article and sent a copy by email, free of charge. Great service!
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X