Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a quick request please

A little poser...something thats bothering me...I have
    Daniel Oakes b 1849 married Marianne(mary ann) Merrick in 1874 in Garston,St Michaels where I live...the eldest child I have is Thomas Oakes also born 1874...and yet I can`t find him on Lancs bmd...the marriage is there...but not Thomas`s birth...anyone find Thomas`s birth please???..I also have Ellen b 1875,.....thanks...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Could he be Thomas Merrick? When were they married?
    Heather

Comment

The marriage was registered in West Derby so perhaps one of these is your Thomas

Births Sep 1873

Merrick Thomas W. Derby 8b 550

Births Mar 1874 (>99%)

MERRICK Thomas Walter W. Derby 8b 596

and perhaps one of these is Ellen?

Births Dec 1874 (>99%)

Oakes Elizabeth Ellen W. Derby 8b 492

Births Jun 1875 (>99%)

Oakes Ellen Maria W. Derby 8b 590
      Heather

Comment

Thanks HEATHER....woah thats a surprise....Thomas...b 1873....Ellen maria is right b 1875 ....but this is the scenario....check on lancs bmd....Daniel Oakes my 2 x ggrandfather was married to Ann Evason in 1871(on lancs bmd)...she died as Ann Oakes in 1873 in Kidderminster where she was born....now you`ve found Thomas b 1873 as Merrick...not Oakes(my surname)...Daniel and Marianne( on marriage cert as Mary Ann) married in 1874....so...Thomas was born the same year as Ann Oakes(Evason) died....was my 2 x grandad carrying on ..or was Thomas a bastard to Marianne Merrick ??...West Derby is the registration area for Garston...so I presume its my family....now it is a poser....regards...allan;)
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Alan, I think the Thomas Walter born early 1874 might be your chap......born a year after Ann's death and shortly before the marriage of Daniel and Mary Ann and as he's born early in the year would be 7 on the 1881 census.
          Heather

Comment

thanks Heather ...thomas walter fits in with district and year of registration...how come I couldn`t find him on Lancs bmd ??...also the Ellen Maria Oakes is the right one...I went over to Santa Fe in USA in july to meet her g grandson.....thomas walter merrick...now I have to buy the birth cert to see who his father was....regards...allan...thanks again;)

Comment

Allan, Lancashire BMD isn't complete yet.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
              X