Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it turns out my Father is my Father !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it turns out my Father is my Father !!!!

After a lot of reading and researching it turns out the Army are wrong their records of my Fathers service record arent quite right, even though when I rang them they confirmed they were.
    So to anybody out there who gets the same result dont take them literally.

That's interesting, Val - how did you find out?

Comment

Snap Mary!
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Well for a start he was a witness to a wedding when he was supposed to be in Africa ????
        The other stuff is a bit personal but suffice to say he was in Brixton Prison

Comment

Have you been down the DNA route yet?
          Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Val,

I am also interested in my father's army record. Could you tell me where you applied? Also do you know if court-martial records from WWII are available?

Peter

Comment

Are you pleased to find that Val?
              Heather

Comment

That's extraordinary!

And something of a roller coaster for you, I imagine!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oh gosh, I remember your thread saying he couldnt be your father as he was away when conceived. What a turn around.

Comment

Service records

there you go peter

I am pleased in a way although I didnt like him .
                    I may still have the DNA done but I dont really think its neccessary now.

Comment

So do you think they gave you the wrong papers, or that the wrong dates were recorded?

I presume you have evidence he was in Brixton.

Anyway I hope that you are now satisfied with the answer - at least you won't need to be looking for a mystery man.
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Val,

Thanks for the link,

Peter

Comment

Right records just wrongly recorded
                          and yes Nell have spoken to an aunt ,and it is in his records , although maybe thats wrong too ???
                          I now want to see if I can get his prison records ???
                          Good luck peter make sure you fill in the relevant forms which you get from the site.

Comment

Poor you, don't let it 'do your head in' though, just accept that that was what he was, and that you inherited the much nicer genes from other family members.
                            You have certainly been up and down lately, what with one thing and another, do hope you find some peace soon.
                            All the best
                            Val - in Oz

Comment

Accept the status quo, think about it for a bit and you'll be fine.

Comment

Val just read both your threads. At least you know which is good. Your must be feeling it emotionally though.

It is a lesson though - not everything that we consider proof is accurate.
                                Kit

Comment

yes Kit its a strange feeling , I always did think there must have been a mistake somewhere as he would not have brought me up he was not that kind.

Comment

Val, just come across this thread, I'm glad you finally got to the bottom of this.
                                    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
                                    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Glad you have got some answers Val.
                                      Elaine

Comment

thanks wasnt going to give up on it , not yet anyway..

Comment

Working...
                                        X