Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage look up please

Hi,
    Please could someone look up the marriage of David James Elms to someone called May. (don't know her maiden name)
    Don't know the year they married, but David was born in Wales 1895.
    Think he would have married in Wales too.

Thanks,
    Jan B

There are no marriages for David J Elms on FreeBMD, so it would be a case of searching quarter by quarter through the GRO indexes for the marriage. Are you aware of any children of the marriage? (please don't post any details of living people without their permission) The birth registration(s) would give the mum's maiden name.

Comment

How about this one?

Name: Charles J D Elms
      Year: 1924
      Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
      Spouse's Surname: Ansell
      District: Edmonton
      County: Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex
      Volume: 3a
      Page: 991

Spouse's name is May Ansell

I used Ancestry FreeBMD. There's nothing else in a likely timeframe apart from a Liverpool one with a dodgy tens digit in the GRO ref.
      Last edited by Uncle John; 05-10-08, 21:08.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Merry and Uncle John for your replies.
        Merry - I folllwed your advice about looking for their child - think they only had one son who died in 1942 - I had no idea what year he was born, so I did a blanket search for him just now, and found his birth in 1921 - he was born in Pontypridd district and his mother's maiden name is Evans.
        Thanks for your lookup Uncle John, but looks like it is not the right one.
        Sounds like David and May's wedding is not on ancestry, so I might go to the library and look through the GRO marriage fiches sometime.
        Thanks again for your help.

Jan

Comment

I think this is what you're looking for: David J Elms married May Evans Q3 1920 Pontypridd 11a 1668

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Thanks very much for that scuda.

Jan

Comment

Obviously not yet transcribed on Ancestry FreeBMD.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I found it on familyrelatives, everything from 1866 to 1920 transcribed (so they say).

scuda
                Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

~~~~~~~wave to Jan
                  Here they are Jan
                  David J Elms
                  May Evans
                  Pontypridd 11a 1668
                  Sept Qtr 1920
                  Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

~~~~~~~waves back to Daphne

Thanks very much Daphne for the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X