Thanks Elaine, I've got my Marine records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Elaine, I've got my Marine records

I finally received the estimate for copying my gg & ggg grandfather's attestation papers on Thursday & ordered them straightaway. they arrived this morning & although I haven't managed to have a detailed look at them, they are brilliant! For only £7.80, I have received 14 a3 sheets! They are a little hard to read, particularly the earliest one but are fascinating. My gg grandfather's one lists 2 offences that he was charged with as well!

Thank you so much Elaine for finding them for me.
    Lynn

What a great find!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

how lovely Lynn sounds interesting.

Comment

Yes, they don't have a lot of information, but are very interesting & my gg grandfather had lovely handwriting
        Lynn

Comment

Great news Lynn.
          Elaine

Comment

That is amazing. I was at Kew Archives a few weeks ago looking at naval and marine records and they wanted £10 + postage to photocopy 3 sheets. Add that to £50 train fare etc it all mounts up. (Took a photo instead).
            "Unfortunately" I've now found even more marines in the family and have got to go back. How did you manage to do that by email?
            JANE

Comment

If you search the catalogue & find the person you want, you get the option to order the document & the chance to get an estimate of how much it would cost. which is what I did. the estimate took 9 working days & once I ordered it, it arrived in 2 days
              Lynn

Comment

Cool - off to try
                Jane

Comment

Have ordered an estimate for a couple of docs. Thanks for the tip
                  Jane

Comment

No problem, I was really impressed with the price
                    Lynn

Comment

Jane, if you get two separate quotes with two lots of postage, send them an email and ask them to combine the postage - might save you a few pence.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X