Todmorden/Heptonstall/Halifax Yorks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todmorden/Heptonstall/Halifax Yorks

Does anybody have the baptism records for Todmorden/Heptonstall/Halifax please?

Thomas Philip Schofield was born 28 Sep 1867 at Todmorden his mother was Martha Schofield. His mother married Hiram Pickles August 1867 but Thomas took the name SChofield. Dont know where the Philip name came in as I think she only registered him as Thomas. I am just wondering if there is a baptism record for this guy before I decide to order his birth certificate.

There are some records for Todmorden here (not sure which dates they cover):

todmordenandwalsden.co.uk

Comment

thank you for the link. Cant see one there.

Comment

I see a Martha on Mary's link.

Born 5th December 1846 christened 24th Jan 1847.
        Parents William and Ann

I know it doesn't help your Phillip dillemma though
        With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Hi Gloryer,
          I found a birth for Thomas Schofield Pickles Q4 1867 Todmorton Vol 9a p189, but cannot find a baptism anywhere for him.

On 1871 census for Heptonstall, Yorks he is with mother only:

William Jones 29 Boarder b S Wales
          Martha Pickles 28 Head, Widow and Housekeeper b Heptonstall
          Thomas S Pickles 3 son b Heptonstall
          Clorinda Scholfield 7 dau b Heptonstall
          John Scholfield 74 father b Baildon, Yorks

RG10; Piece: 4326; Folio: 19; Page: 31

PS What made you think he took the name Philip and Scofield as a surname?
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-10-08, 18:26.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for that Kat, Do you know I have never looked for his birth as Thomas Pickles and was going to order a certificate for THomas Schofield. He emigrated to New Zealand and uses the name Thomas Philip Schofield. But he gives a different name for his parents and it is thought that maybe he was fostered. Hiram Pickles who married Martha Schofield died February the following year of Thomas's birth and their marriage.
            The information I have was sent to me from the New Zealand branch so I dont know how well they have researched it but they have it all printed into a book. I shall have to look for the names he gives as his parents.

Comment

Clorinda develops a middle name Ackroyd when she married James Stott

Comment

I think I have found the answers to some of my questions. Been sitting right under my nose all this time. I was sent a book about 5 years ago but it didnt mean much to me at the time so was put aside with all the other 'useless' information. Just been browsing through and I now know how Hiram Pickles died just 5 months after marrying Martha Schofield. He fell into a vat of boiling water. And apparently Martha had 3 marriages which is why Clorinda has a middle name of Ackroyd. Her father was William Ackroyd.

Comment

I.m glad you solved the riddle
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X