How to find a Irish Artisan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a Irish Artisan

I have the Irish Marriage cert of a Lady whos Father is described as a Artisan I was wondering if there is anything available online I could search to see if he is listed????

An artisan could be just about anything. Which county is it?

Comment

Thats what I'd like to find out Mary what exactly he did , she got married in Cork

Comment

It's difficult to say what he did as an Artisan is a skilled worker or craftsperson.

I think Cork is quite well known for food but that means he could have been a farmer or a chef or maybe something to do with dairy... cheeses etc.

Jamesons Irish Whiskey is distilled in Cork I believe so he may even have had something to do with that.
        With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

thanks Shaz for all that info, would love to know what he did do and find out more about his daughter , she is the mother of my aunt and she never knew her as she died when she was only 3.

Comment

If you have access to the Gale newspaper site through your library, it might be worth searching there - I seem to remember it includes some Irish newspapers.

There are old Irish newspapers here too:

Irish Newspaper Archives

I've found some of my small tradesmen in England because they advertised in local papers.

Comment

thanks Mary will take a look

Comment

Working...
              X