find my past baptisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find my past baptisms

I've been searching for Thomas Weatherall/Wetherell born about 1765 North Yorkshire or ??Durham for ages and have never really used FMP before and now I've spotted a possibility on there.

I've looked for the same baptism (Thomas Weatherel 1764) on IGI and can't find the same one on there. Does IGI ever get updated and if so am I able to find out what gets added and when??

What sort of info would FMP baptisms give me eg. would baptisms around 1764 tell me the occupation of the father - my lot were Tailors.
    Elaine

Researching - Weatherall, Spenceley, Readman, Conquer

The IGI is being updated all the time, but I don't know if there is a way of finding out what has been added recently.

A baptism from 1764 wouldn't normally tell you the father's occupation but you never know until you look - sometimes, for instance, they would put in the occupation if there were two people with the same name to distinguish them from each other, or if the father happened to be a church warden, parish clerk, or even the vicar, they often put extra information in about their own family. And some vicars would put a lot more information in the PR's than others so you might be lucky.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say that most of the baptisms on FMP are from Family History Online, so if you have some credits on that site it would be worth looking on there for it.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Bear in mind that Family History Online's a lot cheaper than FMP - you have to buy a minimum of £5 worth of credits, but it only costs about 6p to look at most records.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I have used family history on line before but had forgot all about it lol! Are the parish records on there the same ones that are on FMP?
          Elaine

Researching - Weatherall, Spenceley, Readman, Conquer

Comment

Yes, except that I don't think the London burials that FMP has are on FHOL.

You can see the FHOL coverage here:

– Family History Online

Comment

Elaine - I have sent you a PM.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X