Who would have these???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would have these???

I emailed the Liverpool RO asking if they had marriage records for the "Parish Church, Liverpool" 1868. Their reply was no.

I want to check the occupation of the father of the groom, as it is indistinct on the cert I received from the GRO. I was hoping that the church entry would have better hand writing and therefore give me the answer that will allow me to progress further.

Where would these records be kept?

Kathlyn

Do you mean the Records Office, because if they don't have it I don't know who would. Do you know where in Liverpool? What is the registration and sub-registration district on the cert?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Little Nell,

I emailed the Liverpool Records office asking if they held these records.

This is what is on the marriage cert I received from the GRO..

Date.....19th July 1868 in the Parish Church in the Parish of Liverpool in the county of Lancaster.

I thought that copies of the church records would have been held in the Records office in Liverpool.

Kathlyn

Comment

Does the Lancs OPC know where to look?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I would imagine the register would now be in the Lancashire Records Office.

OC

Comment

The Liverpool Record Office seems to have a lot of parish registers according to Familia, though not sure if it means the originals or microform:
            Familia: Liverpool City Council
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Looking at Lancashire Record Office's list of parish registers it looks as though Liverpool Record Office holds the originals of all the Liverpool churches and Lancashire Record Office just has microfilms.
              http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/educati...s/yellow/L.doc
              Perhaps the problem is that "the parish church, Liverpool" isn't specific enough for them to know which church it means!

Also the microfilms at Lancashire Record Office don't seem to go forward as far as 1868 but you would think Liverpool Record Office would have that year. If not, then I don't know where they would be.
              Last edited by KiteRunner; 03-10-08, 23:29.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Googling around suggests that St Peter's was the parish church of Liverpool but I would check that if I were you. Anyway, the LDS Family History Library catalogue says they have microfilms of most Liverpool churches, including St Peter's, up to the 20th century so I'm sure Liverpool Record Office must have them.
                KiteRunner

Comment

According to the LDS, the original records for the parish church of Liverpool (Our Lady and St Nicholas) are held by the Liverpool Records Office, lol!

They give the LRO reference number for the document too.

OC

Comment

FYI

There's a photo of St Nicholas, Liverpool on the Wiki:
                    Image:St Nicholas Liverpool ALAN 128.jpg - Family Tree Forum

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X