Help with Internet Explorer 7 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Internet Explorer 7 please

I'm using the laptop at the moment because the kids are off school and are using the main computer. Anyway... yesterday I downloaded a load of updates for this laptop (XP) including Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 7. All seems very nice, but now on this site nearly all the icons are replaced with those boxes with an X in them, although it says "Done" at the bottom of the page. I looked at Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Multimedia and the box for showing pictures is ticked, so it's not that. Any ideas, please? I don't want to start fiddling about with the options in there because I don't really know what most of them mean!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Hi Kate,
    There is this that might help.......http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
    But to be honest, I would just uninstall SP3.

Comment

Hi Kite Runner,

I would do a system restore and then remove the automatic option for updates. I have had numerous problems with Vista Updates and have done just that. I select the updates that I require and they are marked urgent as you may well know.
      Good Luck
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks, Margaret, but I already had automatic updates turned off anyway. I just thought I might as well install all those things because I've got the laptop set up with a pay-as-you-go mobile broadband dongle thingy and not necessarily intending to keep paying so much every month, so I thought I should download as much as possible this month as I have paid for 3 GB. I don't use it that much, to be honest, so I will probably just live with it - it seems to cope with images on most sites just not icons on forums!
        KiteRunner

Comment

Just a thought here
          Could IE7 be using a cache stored version of the site's main features?
          Try a full reload of the site page by using Ctrl and F5.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Those with IE7-specific questions or comments can also post to and seek
            support in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

The web address is
            Discussions in Internet Explorer General

It's easier if you use a newsreader application (outlook express, if you have it), and add this news group address in it.
            news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, Trevor, I'll try that next time I'm on the laptop. Sorry but I have no idea what a newsreader application is!
              KiteRunner

Comment

If you have outlook express, it will work automatically if you click on the second link I placed on the message.

News groups are, like FTM, a form of bullitin board.

Researching:

Comment

Oh well, I've installed Firefox now and at first that didn't show any of the icons either but it seems to have got them now so maybe if I stay on IE7 for a while it will get them too?
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                  X