Woodwards of Gloucester England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodwards of Gloucester England

Hi there , any help with my birth family my greatgrandparents were Thomas Woodward born about 1875 married Annie Caudle? they had Harry, Rosina ,Agnes , Ellen and Annie. My grandparents were George Thomas Woodward born 1892 in Gloucester married Janet Isobel MacLellan on March 23rd 1920 in Martinborough New Zealand. I did have all this info but and I don't know how i lost it all i'm really gutted over this and just hope some kind person out there can please help me thanks heaps

is this him in 1901?

ref rg13, piece 2418, folio 45, page 11

in minsterworth, gloucestershire

george t woodward, born 1893, wysenger, gloucestershire, son of thomas and annie
    thomas, born 1870,minsterworth, glouc. looks like a cow farmer. head
    annie, born 1871, cheltenham, glouc.wife
    arthur e, born 1894, ampney crucis, glouc. son
    ernest j, born1896, ampney crucis, son
    and louisa a, born 1897, ellenbrook, worcestershire, daughter

Comment

heres the marriage

Marriages Mar 1893

Woodward Thomas Stroud 6a 401
      Candle Annie Stroud 6a 401
      Caudle Annie Stroud

it looks like candle on the page. it's typed, so either someone is blind, or there could be a problem on the cert

Comment

there isnt really any other census details for this family that are obvious.
        is there a chance you have george's birth vertificate or his parents marriage?

or do you remember anything else about the family that might help?

Comment

I have found this in 1891 for a Thomas Woodward. He is an agricultural labourer and lodger. This would tie in with him being a farmer in 1901. Class: RG12; Piece: 2023; Folio 36; Page 4

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            heres the marriage

Marriages Mar 1893

Woodward Thomas Stroud 6a 401
            Candle Annie Stroud 6a 401
            Caudle Annie Stroud

it looks like candle on the page. it's typed, so either someone is blind, or there could be a problem on the cert

Not sure what you mean about someone being blind, Kyle - the GRO index has it listed under both Candle and Caudle, so it means that the indexer wasn't sure what it said on the cert, Candle or Caudle. They would have indexed it under both versions to make sure it could be found whichever was correct.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X