Also in the new release FTM Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also in the new release FTM Magazine

I am amazed to see an article from Tom Wood saying somebody had got a copy of a death cert where it says Cause of Death ??? Decay of Nature , and he (Tom)had never heard of it before ?? well I have .

I have that on a death cert lots of times. Visitation of God is another strange one.

Comment

Quick look shows I have 3 with that - all from the mid 1850s. Must have been the 'in thing'
      Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Yes, those are quite common causes of death. Who's Tom Wood?

Comment

he writes in the magazine Mary

Comment

I have loads of death certs with that on, as well as decline and old age!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Yup, me too!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                I have that on a death cert lots of times. Visitation of God is another strange one.
                Margaret I've actually got this within my family. The Parish records records one of my ancestors burial aged 67 about 9 months after his wife. Next to date it says buried by order after inquest by jury - finding that deceased demise due to visitation of God whilst in chair.
                David

I
                Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

hello Dave nice to see you , I love these old terms they used.

Comment

well, my ancestors so far just have complex medical terms!! so far, the weirdest one was from overeating!!

Comment

My 4xgrt grandmother died from "general decay", poor old thing, in 1838 in her eighties.

I've been reading some newspapers from the 1840s, and any unexplained but natural looking death that has warranted an inquest, is recorded as "by visitation of God", which has a lovely ring to it. Another interesting thing that comes out of these inquest reports in the newspapers, is the number of deaths by burning for young children playing too near to the fire, or for old people dropping off in front of the fire.

Comment

how awful Georgette, I read on Theoldbailey online of a woman who threw her baby onto the fire as soon as she had given birth to it .

Comment

Oh! That is sad, Val :o
                          On a lighter note, I also read about a baby boy being born on the steps of the Bank of England and a gentleman describing the wonderful white flowers on his rosebush at the end of October and praising the south of England's clement climate - he wasn't worried about global warming :D

Comment

Working...
                          X